Needed to mix it up a bit for dinner and get some protein in as well. This recipe hit all the marks for me and Robert. Crunchy, Spicy, Savory, with a little Tang and oh so delicious! We will keep this in the rotation for sure and I know you will too! 🙂
1. Soak Lentils for 2 hours ahead of time. once soaked, drain water
2. Add all of the falafel ingredients into a food processor and mix till well combined. If mix is too dry, add a little water, 1 tbls at a time. Till you get the right consistency.
3. On a greased baking sheet, scoop 1/4 cup of falafel mix onto baking sheet, leaving space in between.
4. Refrigerate falafel patties for 15 minutes.
5. Preheat oven to 375
6. Meanwhile, mix all tahini sauce ingredients till well combined.
7. Pull falafel patties out of refrigerator and bake for 30 minutes.
8. Optional: Serve falafel patties in a pita pocket with tomato, onion and tahini sauce. Or you can eat them alone with just the sauce.
9. Makes 24 small falafel patties or you can make 12 large patties for burgers.
10. Note: these freeze really well!